There was a time when…
- My self-talk was consistently negative.
- I didn’t like the way I looked.
- I doubted myself and what I could do.
- I didn’t have the confidence to speak up nor speak in front of others.
- I missed out on opportunities because I was overly concerned about what others thought and said about me.
- I projected a strong and confident woman on the outside but on the inside I was sad and lonely.
I gained a new perspective on life. I discovered who I truly was and my worth. That was completely new for me, because for most of my life I based my identity and worth on what others thought and said about me.
I realized that as my relationship deepened with God; the more empowered I became. I began to have the confidence to do things that I never thought I could do. Opportunities started to present itself in ways that I could have never imaged. But not only that, I started to have a voice. Not just any voice, but a voice that was bold; a voice that demanded and received attention.
- I have grown from being afraid to speak in front of a small group to speaking to the masses.
- I acknowledge my imperfections, but I also understand those are the things that make me unique.
- I’m no longer overly concerned about what others think or say. My focus is only on Jesus Christ.
- I can finally say that the person you see on the outside (smiling, confident, strong, caring, & God-fearing) is a true reflection of what’s on the inside.
A Little More About Jamie…
Family is a blessing, and I am thankful to have mine. Our teen daughter is blossoming into a God-fearing young woman, and my husband is kind and supportive. We make it a priority to spend time together as a family and we never end the day without saying “I love you.”
I believe in enjoying every day, so I make every effort not to complain about things that I can’t control . I am intentional about looking for the “good” in every situation. Surrounding myself with “like-minded” people helps me to stay focused on the positive. I have learned to be content with what I have regardless of the situation. Everything in my life is not perfect, but it is perfect enough for me.
CONNECT WITH JAMIE
En-GAUGE in God’s Word
Join a community of Christian women who are supportive and growing in confidence and in the Word of God. Studying the Word of God is essential in the life of a Believer, but why do it alone when you can be part of an uplifting community of women.
BE THE FIRST TO KNOW!
Join us for the latest Gauge News. You’ll automatically be added to our mailing list to receive info about workshops, bible study, discounts, and much more.